Many have put off updating your websites or adding mobile capability for a few years now. It is an easy thing to ignore. How often do you check your website on a mobile device? Probably not often. However, your most important consumers are viewing it and ignoring them will cost you business. It most likely already has.
First, let’s answer a few of your questions:
Do people really use their cell phones enough to justify the added expense? YES.
- Mobile internet users (Mobile and Tablet) will surpass Desktop users for the first time in 2013 (Based on a techcrunch survey).
- Mobile search has grown 400% in the last year.
- 56% of American Adults have a Smartphone and 34% have a tablet.
- Smartphone users check their device 150 times a day.
Do people actually user their phones to purchase and make buying decisions? Yes
- 67% of people surveyed say they are more likely to purchase from a mobile responsive website.
- 1 in 3 Local Searches are Local
- 59% of users visit local stores after a mobile search.
The time to act is now, but…
How Do You Make Your Website Mobile Friendly?
There are many options to make your website mobile friendly:
- A mobile only website – Google offers a limited free service here at Howtogomo.com and most hosting services like Godaddy offer easy to setup paid version of a mobile only site. These sites tend to be limited in the number of pages you have, functionality and look.
- A Mobile App – While this solution can be great for large online retailers, there are many platforms and high cost to development. This is not idea for most average businesses.
- Responsive Web Design – This is the process of building your website so that it displays properly on different screen resolutions. Your website “responds” to the size of a persons screen and looks similar across different platforms. The site is written once to fit all browsers. It allows for all the content on your site to be “mobile friendly” and offers a fluid user experience.
Are you ready to get started with a new mobile responsive website?
BK Media Pros provides fully custom responsive websites for local businesses, e-commerce websites, and other online companies. Our team has over 10 years of experience in website design and internet marketing. You can depend on us to keep your website design project on-time and on-budget. contact us today at 502-509-1519 or complete our contact form below.
Also, Check out this great infographic on The Age of Responsive Web Design:
Courtesy of Mind Development and Design